This is part of a series: Testing Evolution
I wrote a simulator to test evolution, so I could see who was right – my parents, or most scientists. My parents were right. Not only is evolution totally incapable of creating a man from an amoeba, but the very process that most scientists think causes evolution mostly causes devolution. Given enough time and chance, we will devolve to extinction. Even the research of evolutionary biologists shows very clearly that this is true.
How can this be? Are my parents smarter than the many great scientists who believe in evolution? Am I smarter, or do I have some hidden knowledge that they don’t? No. My parents aren’t idiots, but they’re not geniuses either. And the things they know are far from secret – they’re published in the beginning of the best-selling book of all time.
While most scientists believe what their professors taught them about evolution, my parents believe the Bible. The Bible says that God created the universe and life in 6 days, and then it was finished. The Bible also says that all creation is “in bondage to corruption“. It makes no exception for life.
The Bible says that those who willfully refuse to honor the living God – their maker – will, while “claiming to be wise”, become fools. It even says that God supernaturally enhances this human tendency, by sending on such people a “strong delusion” as punishment.
And this is exactly what happens in real life.
What have I learned?
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths“
- Unlike most Christians in America today, I am not afraid of atheists
- God really has made foolish the wisdom of the wise, and this can be clearly seen in every place where people think they’re smarter than God
- The bigger and more important the issue, the worse we humans tend to think
- Those who believe and teach the truth are often mocked and persecuted by those who won’t
- Creation science is far easier to do right than evolutionary biology
It took one teenager a couple of summers to conclusively debunk the best explanation atheists have ever had for how life appeared.
- The experts are often wrong
- The experts are often the most brainwashed
- The experts are often willfully blind to the truth
- God really does “use that which is foolish in the world to shame the wise“
- A lot of people have been deceived by a great lie, and it has cost many of them their souls
- The “foolishness” of God really is greater than the wisdom of men